    SubjectRe: [rfc 0/4] x86 - apic dummy ops with cleanups
    [Ingo Molnar - Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 07:24:31PM +0200]
    | * Cyrill Gorcunov <> wrote:
    | > Hi,
    | >
    | > here is a series of patches with some tiny
    | > cleanup and one bugfix I believe (and most
    | > probably why fixing one issue new one could
    | > be introduced as well :-)
    | >
    | > Please review and test if possible. _Any_ kind
    | > of feedback is highly appreciated!
    | This series looks very good and is well-structured,
    | i've applied it to tip:x86/apic and started testing
    | it, thanks Cyrill!
    | Ingo

    Thanks, Ingo!

    Actually I found one a bit suspicious thing (not sure if it was
    initially designed to behave like that).

    Suppose we have SMP compiled kernel and even supported on HW
    level but then we disable apic thru kernel option. And then
    when system startup it should be working fine since we go
    to uniprocessor mode. Then the machine going for reboot and we have:

    Starting from arch/x86/kernel/reboot.c

    apic_write(APIC_SPIV, value);

    Since we have reserved APIC memory mapped area (in _anycase_)
    it doesn't cause any problems but was it initially supposed?

    Most probably I miss something.

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-04-12 20:03    [W:0.023 / U:2.000 seconds]