SubjectRe: 2.6.30-rc1 (latest git): thinkpad-acpi: cannot control brightness with hotkeys
On Sat, 11 Apr 2009, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > options thinkpad_acpi experimental=1 hotkey=enable,0xffffff

Someday someone might be able to give me a good reason for why the hell
distros like to do this sort of crap... but I don't think it will be
anytime soon.

> > Any ideas on how I can regain control over the brightness gas-pedal?

I think what you're experiencing is some sort of breakage in ACPI video...

> > WARNING: at drivers/platform/x86/thinkpad_acpi.c:2954
> > hotkey_enabledisable_warn+0x3e/0x43 [thinkpad_acpi]()
> > thinkpad_acpi: hotkey enable/disable functionality has been removed from
> > the driver. Hotkeys are always enabled.

I will silence the warning for module parameters, thanks for the head's up.
That was indeed an oversight.

But it is a red-herring, it doesn't change the driver behaviour at all in
this case...

> > thinkpad_acpi: Standard ACPI backlight interface available, not loading
> > native one.

And this has always been true for any Lenovo Vista BIOS, it is not new.

I really think we need to get the people dealing with ACPI video in the
loop for this one.

Henrique Holschuh

  Last update: 2009-04-12 07:01    [W:0.103 / U:0.292 seconds]