SubjectRe: Implementing NVMHCI...
On Sun, 12 Apr 2009, Alan Cox wrote:

>> We've abstract the DMA mapping/SG list handling enough that the
>> block size should make no more difference than it does for the
>> MTU size of a network.
>
> You need to start managing groups of pages in the vm and keeping them
> together and writing them out together and paging them together even if
> one of them is dirty and the other isn't. You have to deal with cases
> where a process forks and the two pages are dirtied one in each but still
> have to be written together.

gaining this sort of ability would not be a bad thing. with current
hardware (SSDs and raid arrays) you can very easily be in a situation
where it's much cheaper to deal with a group of related pages as one group
rather than processing them individually. this is just an extention of the
same issue.

David Lang