SubjectRe: [GIT RFC] percpu: use dynamic percpu allocator as the default percpu allocator
Hi,

Martin Schwidefsky wrote:
>> Maybe we can build indirection pointer manually by twiddling with
>> DEFINE_PER_CPU() in such a way that it doesn't have to distinguish
>> symbols and variables?
>
> Hmm, a provocative idea: can we ban the use of static per-cpu variables
> for modules in common code? There are not many common code modules
> doing this, with a visibility hack I found the following relevant
> locations:

> That would "fix" the problem as well..

Eh... I don't know. I'd really like remove such API limitations as
most of the necessary pieces are already there anyway, so I'd much
prefer the re-mapping thing if it can be made to work.

Thanks.

--
tejun

  Last update: 2009-04-02 04:01    [W:0.134 / U:0.880 seconds]