SubjectRe: [patch 0/21] x86, ptrace, bts, hw-branch-tracer: fixes and cleanups

* Metzger, Markus T <markus.t.metzger@intel.com> wrote:

> [...]

Please dont forget to propagate Oleg's Reviewed-by (or Acked-by)
tags into the commits.

> Regarding bisecting, I split the patches to attract reviewers to
> the smaller parts rather than scare them off with one big patch.
>
> I hope that the bisecting tool can cope with broken builds between
> patches.

It cannot, and even if it did we dont want a single intentionally
broken bisection point in the kernel. Please do small patches that
build fine at each step. We've got more than 100,000 bisectable
commits in the kernel to look at. If you think it's not possible in
a specific case then please describe the situation to us so that we
can suggest a solution.

Ingo

  Last update: 2009-04-01 13:49    [W:0.036 / U:2.172 seconds]