    SubjectDirect transfer between SCSI and PCI
    Hi All,

    I am working with version 2.6.23 of the linux kernel on a custom PowerPC
    board. As part
    of my project, I need to be able to directly transfer data from a large
    buffer that resides on
    a custom PCI communications device to a SCSI disk without going through
    the CPU's main
    memory. Initially, it seemed like opening up the raw SCSI device in
    O_DIRECT mode would
    be the perfect solution. However, through some experimentation, and
    reading some posts from
    a few years back, it appears that O_DIRECT only works on buffer's that
    reside in processor's
    main memory. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get this to
    work? My environment
    is pretty well controlled, so I can patch/hack the kernel without any
    problem.

    Thanks in advance,

    -Steve

      Last update: 2009-03-09 15:03    [W:0.032 / U:0.124 seconds]