Subject[BUG] Loading both ehci-hcd and uhci-hcd drivers causes my printer to fail
Hi,

Short summary:

I have HP1018 printer, and it works well in windows.
When I use in in linux, I often see messages like:

usbfs: USBDEVFS_CONTROL failed cmd python rqt 128 rq 6 len 255 ret -110

This is using hp backend that talks to printer using usbfs.
I also tried usblp, but it just doesn't say anything in kernel log. I
think it silently ignores similar errors, because the end result is the
same, the printer sometimes works, but sometimes doesn't.
(printer needs firmware to be uploaded to it, and I do upload it).

On the other hand, IF I remove _ether_ ehci-hcd or uhci-hcd from kernel,
then everything works fine, I already rebooted the printer many times,
used it to print, upload firmware, and everything just work, but as soon
as I load the second driver it fails in same way again.

USB issues with this class of printers are nothing but new, for example
see:

http://foo2zjs.rkkda.com/forum/read.php?9,374
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-source-2.6.15/+bug/54419

I compiled without CONFIG_USB_EHCI_ROOT_HUB_TT
and it did help (didn't that much testing, but at least firmware loads
ok, and no error messages)

Looking for your comments,
Best regards,
Maxim Levitsky

  Last update: 2009-03-07 20:23    [W:0.065 / U:0.152 seconds]