    SubjectRe: Reworking suspend-resume sequence (was: Re: PCI PM: Restore standard config registers of all devices early)
    On Thu 2009-03-05 10:25:04, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
    > > As long as we claim to support cpu hotplug, suspending the cpus early
    > > should work. User might have unplugged the cpu manually...
    > >
    > > If something is broken in acpi, we may need to disable cpu*/onlone on
    > > affected systems.
    > You seem to miss some context here... it seems that ACPI mandates that
    > CPUs are suspended after devices and you know that we can't just start
    > blacklisting half of the machines out there just because we happen not
    > to do the same as what Windows does...

    I did not see that ACPI mandate... where is it?

    That would interfere with user's ability to online/offline cpus,

    Are you saying that we should online all the CPUs before starting
    suspend to stay on the "safe side"?
    (cesky, pictures)

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-03-05 09:19    [W:0.019 / U:4.760 seconds]