    From: "Zhang, Yanmin" <>
    Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 17:27:48 +0800

    > Both the new skb_record_rx_queue and current kernel have an
    > assumption on multi-queue. The assumption is it's best to send out
    > packets from the TX of the same number of queue like the one of RX
    > if the receved packets are related to the out packets. Or more
    > direct speaking is we need send packets on the same cpu on which we
    > receive them. The start point is that could reduce skb and data
    > cache miss.

    We have to use the same TX queue for all packets for the same
    connection flow (same src/dst IP address and ports) otherwise
    we introduce reordering.

    Herbert brought this up, now I have explicitly brought this up,
    and you cannot ignore this issue.

    You must not knowingly reorder packets, and using different TX
    queues for packets within the same flow does that.

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-03-04 10:43    [W:0.024 / U:0.484 seconds]