    SubjectRe: [RFC v1] hand off skb list to other cpu to submit to upper layer
    From
    From: "Zhang, Yanmin" <yanmin_zhang@linux.intel.com>
    Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 17:27:48 +0800

    > Both the new skb_record_rx_queue and current kernel have an
    > assumption on multi-queue. The assumption is it's best to send out
    > packets from the TX of the same number of queue like the one of RX
    > if the receved packets are related to the out packets. Or more
    > direct speaking is we need send packets on the same cpu on which we
    > receive them. The start point is that could reduce skb and data
    > cache miss.

    We have to use the same TX queue for all packets for the same
    connection flow (same src/dst IP address and ports) otherwise
    we introduce reordering.

    Herbert brought this up, now I have explicitly brought this up,
    and you cannot ignore this issue.

    You must not knowingly reorder packets, and using different TX
    queues for packets within the same flow does that.

      Last update: 2009-03-04 10:43    [W:0.018 / U:3.284 seconds]