    SubjectRe: Large amount of scsi-sgpool objects
    Mike Galbraith wrote:
    > On Wed, 2009-03-04 at 07:39 +0100, Stefan Richter wrote:
    >> Ingo Molnar wrote:
    >>> Yeah, these commits are in none of the topic branches that are
    >>> the git base of development, they are all already in a separate
    >>> branch named "tip:out-of-tree".
    >> So people should remember to retry without out-of-tree before reporting
    >> problems == remember to report against the development base.
    >
    > I'll bite, how does a gut-fu white belt accomplish that?

    How to do it is currently not quite obvious
    - for linux-2.6-x86.git users because the master branch contains
    out-of-tree.¹ Or maybe nobody should use the master branch,
    I don't know.
    - Ditto for linux-2.6.tip.git.²
    It was also impossible for users of the -rt patchset because the faulty
    patch was obviously included in a base patch in the -rt patch series.³

    As I said, I recommend that people do not receive those off-topic
    patches by default, only on demand. (Because I sometimes work with -rt
    users.)

    ¹)http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/mingo/linux-2.6-x86.git;a=commit;h=4239438b08fe8ec149ddc530238ca131bf88d290
    ²)http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/tip/linux-2.6-tip.git;a=commit;h=4239438b08fe8ec149ddc530238ca131bf88d290
    ³)http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/3/3/424