SubjectRE: PAGE_CACHE_WC strikes again

There is one problem of too many single page mappings, most likely
coming from gem vm_insert_pfn. As in this mail

The actual 'freeing invalid memtype' is a bug that I still trying
to zero in on. Regardless of that, having so many small WC
mappings in IO region will result it pretty slow vm_insert_pfn.
I think we should switch to io_mapping_create_wc kind of API
where we do bulk reserve and have a vm_insert_pfn_quick().

Thanks,
Venki

  Last update: 2009-04-01 05:19    [W:0.063 / U:0.164 seconds]