    SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.29
    > percentage. For many setups, the other corruption issues (drive failure)
    > are not just more common, but generally more disastrous anyway. So why
    > would a person like that worry about the (rare) power failure?

    How about the far more regular crash case ? We may be pretty reliable but
    we are hardly indestructible especially on random boxes with funky BIOSes
    or low grade hardware builds.

    For the generic sane low end server/high end desktop build with at least
    two drive software RAID the hardware failure for data loss case is
    pretty rare. Crashes yes, having to reboot to recover from a RAID failure
    sure but data loss far less so