SubjectRe: [patch 1/3] slub: add per-cache slab thrash ratio
On Tue, 31 Mar 2009, Christoph Lameter wrote:

> > I'd agree that it should be cleared if the tunable had object units
> > instead of a ratio, but the ratio simply applies to any given order.
>
> Right but resetting the order usually has a significant impact on the
> threashing behavior (if it exists). Why would we keep the threshing ratio
> that was calculated for another slab configuration?

Either the default thrashing ratio is being used and is unchanged from
boot time in which case it will still apply to the new order, or the ratio
has already been changed and userspace is responsible for tuning it again
as the result of the new slab size.

  Last update: 2009-03-31 19:39    [W:0.042 / U:0.016 seconds]