SubjectRe: next-20090310: ext4 hangs
On Thu 26-03-09 01:38:32, Alexander Beregalov wrote:
> 2009/3/25 Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>:

> >  Thanks for the disassembly...
> >
> >> By default gcc inlines journal_submit_data_buffers()
> >> Here is -fno-inline version. Default version is in attach.
<snip>

I'm helpless here. I don't see how we can miss a wakeup (plus you seem to
be the only one reporting the bug). Could you please compile and test the kernel
with the attached patch? It will print to kernel log when we go to sleep
waiting for inode commit and when we send wakeups etc. When you hit the
deadlock, please send me your kernel log. It should help with debugging why do
we miss the wakeup. Thanks.

Honza
--
Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>