SubjectRe: enabling kms for i915 disables brightness control and xrandr
On Mon, 2009-03-30 at 14:34 -0700, Jesse Barnes wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 15:37:19 +0200
> Soeren Sonnenburg <sonne@debian.org> wrote:

> > > Just to not cause any (further?) confusion, I was using 2.6.1 when I
> > > wrote that email and after compiling/upgrading to 2.6.3 a number of
> > > problems vanished (like Xv works, screen resolution is correct,
> > > things are *a lot* faster with UXA). However, brightness still only
> > > works via setpci and xrandr only shows the 1024x600 modeline.

> > One more thing: Connecting an external display I could turn it on via
> > xrandr --auto successfully. However, it was not possible to turn the
> > internal display off (xrandr --output LVDS1 --off) and switching to
> > the console with the external display connected I managed to freeze
> > the machine. Turning the external display off worked somehow (the
> > display then showed vertical stripes) but I could switch to console.
>
> Have you filed bugs for these problems? I think the brightness control
> issue is due to some missing bits on the 2D side (we don't enable
> backlight property control when KMS is active, but should), the other
> issues sound like bugs.

I did nothing besides asking here on lkml. Where should I report what?

Soeren
--
For the one fact about the future of which we can be certain is that it
will be utterly fantastic. -- Arthur C. Clarke, 1962

  Last update: 2009-03-31 01:01    [W:0.046 / U:0.196 seconds]