SubjectRe: Large amount of scsi-sgpool objects
Ingo Molnar wrote:
> i picked up a v1 patch from the SCSI list that
> i reported and which patch was sent to me. I did that in the
> hope to fix a serious lockup bug that is still unfixed in the
> upstream kernel

Perhaps you could avoid putting such fixes into published merge
branches. Have it in an off-topic branch and tell people with affected
systems to locally merge such a branch themselves if it is strictly
necessary to keep their development rolling. (And if such an off-topic
branch turns out to be unexpectedly long-lived, ping the choke point.)
Just so that there is minimal surprise about which modifications your
trees carry.
--
Stefan Richter

  Last update: 2009-03-04 00:37    [W:0.088 / U:4.804 seconds]