    SubjectRe: kernel BUG at kernel/workqueue.c:291
    Hi Andrew,

    Andrew Morton schrieb:
    >> in the mean time 43 of our nodes were struck with this error. It seems
    >> that the jobs of a certain user can trigger this bug, however I have no
    >> clue how to really trigger it manually.
    > That's a lot of nodes.
    Quite, at least some percentage of the whole system.
    > Let's cc the NFS developers, see if this rpciod crash is familiar to them?

    Good idea, I should have done that myself - sorry

    I think we were able to pinpoint at least one user's jobs to "generate"
    this, but I need to talk to him, what access patterns are used via NFS here.

    Systems are running Debian Etch,

    dpkg -l | awk '/(nfs|portmap)/ {print $2 "\t\t" $3}'
    libnfsidmap2 0.18-0
    mountnfs 1.1.3-2
    nfs-common 1.0.10-6+etch.1
    nfs-kernel-server 1.0.10-6+etch.1
    portmap 5-26

    If you need more, please let me know! So far the machines are 'on hold',
    i.e. we have not yet rebooted them to be able to find out a little bit
    more. If you(anyone) think we can reboot them and put back into our
    scheduling queue, please let me know, the users are waiting for more cycles.

    Thanks a lot

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-03-03 08:39    [W:0.038 / U:2.476 seconds]