    SubjectRe: [RFD] Automatic suspend

    > >> The problem is that what you consider insufficient is what allows us
    > >> to ship a product.
    > >
    > > This doesn't matter a whit, because the mainline kernel is not just your
    > > product.
    > Unless you are saying that changes in the mainline kernel does not
    > need be usable in practice, then it does matter. If we remove the
    > feature that allows us to interact with existing code, it will take
    > much longer before it is usable by anyone.

    Well, taking longer before "being usable" is good tradeoff if it means
    "we get cleaner/actually correct system in mainline sooner".

    > >> I don't think I am the only one who want this code in the mainline
    > >> kernel. Many people want to use the android platform, and support in
    > >> the mainline kernel would be beneficial to some of them. I made many
    > >> requested changes to my code that provides no benefit to us, but I
    > >> have not made any changes that breaks our own use.
    > >
    > > OK, please resubmit the patches, then.
    > I submitted them three weeks ago. I'll submit a new set after I rename
    > the api (presumably to suspend_block(er)) but I would like more
    > agreement on the timeout issue first.

    I do believe that everyone (including you :-) agrees that timeouts are
    ugly hack. So just reorder the series so they come at the end.
    (cesky, pictures)

      Last update: 2009-03-03 14:51    [W:0.021 / U:5.380 seconds]