    SubjectRe: [git-pull -tip] x86: include inverse Xmas tree patches
    On Sun, 29 Mar 2009, Jaswinder Singh Rajput wrote:
    > On Sun, 2009-03-29 at 00:40 +0100, Ingo Molnar wrote:
    > > * Hugh Dickins <hugh@veritas.com> wrote:
    > > >
    > > > Please find a better use for your time.
    > > >
    > > > Imagine, there might be developers out there with real work
    > > > to do in these files: all you are doing is throwing silly
    > > > little obstacles in their way.
    > >
    > > Actually, now is the right time to do such changes as we've just
    > > pushed all pending x86 changes upstream. And since these changes
    > > reduce the chance of future patch conflicts, they do help
    > > development. (in a small way)
    > >
    > > Nevertheless i'd suggest to make this a single commit, to not
    > > clobber the shortlog with it.
    > >

    > I think individual patches will be better option, in case of unavoidable
    > situation we can simply revert that particular patch.

    What unavoidable situation ? That you broke stuff with your changes ?
    If you are so unsure about the quality of your changes, then the best
    option is to not pull that stuff at all.

    Thanks,

    tglx

      Last update: 2009-03-29 13:51    [W:0.021 / U:30.928 seconds]