SubjectRe: linux-next: Tree for March 27 (netfilter build error)
Hi Dave,

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 11:47:39PM -0700, David Miller wrote:
> From: Cyrill Gorcunov <gorcunov@gmail.com>
> Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 10:47:04 +0400
>
> > [Randy Dunlap - Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 09:26:42PM -0700]
> > | works_for_me. Thanks.
> > | but missing S-O-B.
> > |
> > | Acked-by: Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap@oracle.com>
> >
> > Thanks for testing Randy. So if nobody will complain
> > here is a solid version of the patch. Though I would like
> > if Pablo or Patrick confirm its correctness. Thanks!
>
> I'll apply this once Patrick or Pablo have a look at it.

I'm neither of them but I strongly believe the patch is correct.

The only question that Patrick raised during the discussion of this patch some
days ago is whether the __ipv6_addr_type() call would cause a runtime
dependency to thei ipv6 module. This would be bad since loading the
xt_cluster.ko module should not pull in the IPv6 protocol module.

I have just verified that __ipv6_addr_type is provided by
net/ipv6/addrconf_core.c, which specifically states it contains functions
"needed by static components when full IPv6 support is not configured or
static". This is confirmed by the makefile, which addes addrconf_core.o to
obj-y.

So from my point of view, I cannot see any problems.

Regards.
--
- Harald Welte <laforge@netfilter.org> http://netfilter.org/
on while IP was being designed." -- Paul Vixie[unhandled content-type:application/pgp-signature]

  Last update: 2009-03-29 20:43    [W:0.110 / U:0.008 seconds]
©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans