SubjectRE: [GIT PULL] Microblaze initial pack
Sure of course you can change it.  We're just putting in GPL license in
our current code.

-- John

Kernel list; lkml; microblaze-
> uclinux@itee.uq.edu.au; Andrew Morton; John Williams; John Linn;
Stephen Neuendorffer; Thomas
> Gleixner; Randy Dunlap; Arnd Bergmann; Peter Korsgaard
> Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] Microblaze initial pack
>

> * Michal Simek <michal.simek@petalogix.com> wrote:
>
> > > I've also done a (quick) license scan and there's this one file i
> > > found:
> > >
> > > arch/microblaze/kernel/hw_exception_handler.S
> > >
> > > * Copyright (C) 2004 Xilinx, Inc. All rights reserved.
> > > *
> > > * Xilinx, Inc.
> > > * XILINX IS PROVIDING THIS DESIGN, CODE, OR INFORMATION "AS IS"
AS A
> > > * COURTESY TO YOU.BY PROVIDING THIS DESIGN, CODE, OR
INFORMATION AS
> > > * ONE POSSIBLE IMPLEMENTATION OF THIS FEATURE, APPLICATION OR
> > > * STANDARD, XILINX IS MAKING NO REPRESENTATION THAT THIS
IMPLEMENTATION
> > > * IS FREE FROM ANY CLAIMS OF INFRINGEMENT, AND YOU ARE
RESPONSIBLE
> > > * FOR OBTAINING ANY RIGHTS YOU MAY REQUIRE FOR YOUR
IMPLEMENTATION.

> > > That is an all rights reserved copyrighted file, and i'm not sure
> > > the above constitutes a GPLv2 compatible license. It would be less
> > > ambigious to add what you do in the other places instead,
something
> > > like:
> > >
> > > * (C) Copyright 2004 Xilinx, Inc.
> > > *
> > > * This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
modify it
> > > * under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 as
published
> > > * by the Free Software Foundation.
> > >
> > This is no my license. I'll ask a Xilinx guys for permission to
change
> > it for this file.
> > John L, Stephen: Could I change the license as Ingo suggested?
>
> Note that there's a couple of other Xilinx files in the upstream
> kernel tree already that could serve as a template:
>
> drivers/char/xilinx_hwicap/buffer_icap.c: * XILINX IS PROVIDING
THIS DESIGN, CODE, OR
> INFORMATION "AS IS"
> drivers/char/xilinx_hwicap/buffer_icap.h: * XILINX IS PROVIDING
THIS DESIGN, CODE, OR
> INFORMATION "AS IS"
> drivers/char/xilinx_hwicap/fifo_icap.c: * XILINX IS PROVIDING
THIS DESIGN, CODE, OR INFORMATION
> "AS IS"
> drivers/char/xilinx_hwicap/fifo_icap.h: * XILINX IS PROVIDING
THIS DESIGN, CODE, OR INFORMATION
> "AS IS"
> drivers/char/xilinx_hwicap/xilinx_hwicap.c: * XILINX IS PROVIDING
THIS DESIGN, CODE, OR
> INFORMATION "AS IS"
> drivers/char/xilinx_hwicap/xilinx_hwicap.h: * XILINX IS PROVIDING
THIS DESIGN, CODE, OR

******
> *
> * Author: Xilinx, Inc.
> *
> * This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
modify it
> * under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published
by the
> * Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
(at your
> * option) any later version.
> *
> * XILINX IS PROVIDING THIS DESIGN, CODE, OR INFORMATION "AS IS"
> * AS A COURTESY TO YOU, SOLELY FOR USE IN DEVELOPING PROGRAMS AND
> * SOLUTIONS FOR XILINX DEVICES. BY PROVIDING THIS DESIGN, CODE,
> * OR INFORMATION AS ONE POSSIBLE IMPLEMENTATION OF THIS FEATURE,
> * APPLICATION OR STANDARD, XILINX IS MAKING NO REPRESENTATION
> * THAT THIS IMPLEMENTATION IS FREE FROM ANY CLAIMS OF
INFRINGEMENT,
> * AND YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR OBTAINING ANY RIGHTS YOU MAY
REQUIRE
> * FOR YOUR IMPLEMENTATION. XILINX EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY
> * WARRANTY WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE ADEQUACY OF THE
> * IMPLEMENTATION, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OR
> * REPRESENTATIONS THAT THIS IMPLEMENTATION IS FREE FROM CLAIMS OF
> * INFRINGEMENT, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS
> * FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
> *
> * (c) Copyright 2003-2008 Xilinx Inc.
> * All rights reserved.
> *
> * You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public
License along
> * with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
Foundation, Inc.,

*****/

> Ingo

  Last update: 2009-03-27 14:39    [W:0.051 / U:0.160 seconds]