SubjectRe: [Tech-board] Project idea for the Google Summer of Code 2009
Shilp,

I fear that we probably do not have appropriate mentors at the Linux
Foundation. Perhaps you should talk about your project on the #gsoc IRC
channel on Freenode. There are usually mentors of many organizations and
they help you to find the best-suited organization.

Till

Greg KH wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 10:15:48AM +0530, Shilp Dixit wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Ya i agree the concept might be pretty similar to the open suse built
>> packages but aren't most of these services either online or not very
>> flexible...What I was suggesting is to make a tool that is available on
>> every linux OS as an update or something...They give the user more
>> personalisation power and also allows non-tech users to create their own
>> live CD's or USB devices... The front end(GUI) will provide 'drag and drop'
>> facility for the different packages and will make life much easier in terms
>> of making individual flavours...
>
> Ok, that's fair enough, but I fail to see how this relates to the kernel
> itself. It looks like it's just a tool to package things up in some
> way, no kernel changes would be needed, right?
>
> thanks,
>
> greg k-h

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans