    SubjectRe: [Tech-board] Project idea for the Google Summer of Code 2009

    I fear that we probably do not have appropriate mentors at the Linux
    Foundation. Perhaps you should talk about your project on the #gsoc IRC
    channel on Freenode. There are usually mentors of many organizations and
    they help you to find the best-suited organization.

    Greg KH wrote:
    > On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 10:15:48AM +0530, Shilp Dixit wrote:
    >> Hi
    >> Ya i agree the concept might be pretty similar to the open suse built
    >> packages but aren't most of these services either online or not very
    >> flexible...What I was suggesting is to make a tool that is available on
    >> every linux OS as an update or something...They give the user more
    >> personalisation power and also allows non-tech users to create their own
    >> live CD's or USB devices... The front end(GUI) will provide 'drag and drop'
    >> facility for the different packages and will make life much easier in terms
    >> of making individual flavours...
    > Ok, that's fair enough, but I fail to see how this relates to the kernel
    > itself. It looks like it's just a tool to package things up in some
    > way, no kernel changes would be needed, right?
    > thanks,
    > greg k-h

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-03-21 14:07    [W:0.020 / U:17.868 seconds]