SubjectRe: [Tech-board] Project idea for the Google Summer of Code 2009
On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 10:15:48AM +0530, Shilp Dixit wrote:
> Hi
>
> Ya i agree the concept might be pretty similar to the open suse built
> packages but aren't most of these services either online or not very
> flexible...What I was suggesting is to make a tool that is available on
> every linux OS as an update or something...They give the user more
> personalisation power and also allows non-tech users to create their own
> live CD's or USB devices... The front end(GUI) will provide 'drag and drop'
> facility for the different packages and will make life much easier in terms
> of making individual flavours...

Ok, that's fair enough, but I fail to see how this relates to the kernel
itself. It looks like it's just a tool to package things up in some
way, no kernel changes would be needed, right?

thanks,

greg k-h

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans