    Subject[Announce] 2.6.29-rc8-rt2
    We are pleased to announce the next update to our new preempt-rt

    - resurrected ARM and PowerPC support
    - tracing fixes for ARM (Uwe Kleine-Koenig)

    The support for ARM/PowerPC has only been lightly tested. It might
    crash and burn your system, make your hair curl, frigthen your cat and
    give you sleepless nights. You have been warned !

    On PowerPC watch out for the following warning:

    __do_IRQ called for irq X. PREEMPT_RT will crash your system soon.

    __do_IRQ is deprecated and -rt does not support it anymore. Most of
    the PowerPC subarchitectures do not longer use it, but you might be
    unlucky and hit one of the remaining users. RT will spit out the
    message above and then do what it said. :)

    Download locations:

    Information on the RT patch can be found at:

    to build the 2.6.29-rc8-rt1 tree, the following patches should be

    The broken out patches are also available at the same download

    Enjoy !

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-03-20 18:49    [W:0.040 / U:8.464 seconds]