    SubjectRe: The Linux Staging tree, what it is and is not.
    On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 09:34:29AM +0100, Daniel Krüger wrote:
    > Greg KH schrieb:
    >> On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 01:58:08AM +0100, Robert Schwebel wrote:
    >>> Greg,

    >>> Let me take this as an opportunity to discuss the epl (Ethernet
    >>> Powerlink) driver in staging. Taken aside the eye-cancer thing while
    >>> looking at the code (this could be fixed in the staging model), I
    >>> suppose the whole design is questionable.
    >> Sure it's questionable, and it's horrid code, but it is being used by
    >> people and is the only public implementation of EPL on Linux that I can
    >> find.
    >
    > BTW, the implementation does not follow the kernel style guide, because our
    > company has its own code style guide. But what is that you don't like?

    It's not an issue of "not liking" it, it just doesn't match the kernel
    style guide.

    I'll go make up a patch today to fix the layout and lots of the
    structure issues of the code to match our rules, so that people can then
    start working on the real functionality much easier.

    thanks,

    greg k-h