SubjectRe: The difference of request dir between AS and Deadline I/O scheduler?
On Mon, Mar 02 2009, ???? wrote:
> Do you mean that the same process tends to have the same behavior of
> I/O in the way of sycn?
> Does this mean AS works better when requests are distincted by sync
> mode (the success rate of anticipation is higher when requests are
> grouped by the mode of sync)?

Please don't top post, put your reply beneath the text you are replying
to.

It means that there's a key distinction between requests. Sync requests
often have dependencies on each other, and AS thus enables idling for
these types of requests. Async io is usually background activity. I
don't understand what you mean by higher success rate. Anticipation is
only for sync requests. The grouping is done because it makes
behavioural sense.

--
Jens Axboe

  Last update: 2009-03-02 14:15    [W:0.076 / U:0.288 seconds]