SubjectRe: Failover Kernel
Tarkan Erimer wrote:
> the point is not to make boot when crash occured. The idea is to take
> control when a crash occured by backup kernel without any need to reboot.

It sounds like you want everything to just continue running. I don't
see how that can be done. All of those in-kernel tables and structures
would need to be migrated, and it follows, because there was a crash,
that any of them might have been corrupted. Worse, you want this to
save you when you try running a new kernel which crashes, and being a
new kernel, it follows that any of those structures could be different;
it might not be possible to create equivalent structures for different
kernel versions.

If you're at all concerned at keeping the computer running, and I think
that's your goal, then I think the best you can do is reset the
hardware, boot an alternate kernel and restart applications as appropriate.

  Last update: 2009-03-03 04:33    [W:0.063 / U:0.604 seconds]