    SubjectRe: The difference of request dir between AS and Deadline I/O scheduler?
    On Mon, Mar 02 2009, ???? wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I'm little confused about the defination of request dir in AS and
    > Deadline I/O scheduler.
    > In AS, the request dir is defined by wheher it's sync:
    > data_dir = rq_is_sync(rq);
    > But in Deadline, the requests are grouped by read and write.
    > Why is there the difference since AS is an extension of Deadline?
    > what's the consideration?

    Because AS uses the sync vs async distinction to decide whether to
    anticipate a new request from that process. 'sync' is then reads or sync
    writes, whereas deadline does not distinguish between sync and async

    Jens Axboe

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-03-02 13:29    [W:0.019 / U:5.328 seconds]