SubjectRe: [RFC Aufs2 #3 2/2] split 'xino' entry under sysfs
On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 11:25:49AM +0900, hooanon05@yahoo.co.jp wrote:

> Greg KH:
> > > + It shows the consumed blocks by xib (External Inode Number
> > > + Bitmap), its block size and file size.
> > > + When the aufs mount option 'noxino' is specified, it
> > > + will be empty. About XINO files, see
> > > + Documentation/filesystems/aufs/aufs.5 in detail.
> >
> > Sysfs files are one value per file. This violates that rule.
>
> Current print format is
> "%llux%lu %lld\n", st->blocks, st->blksize, (long long)st->size
>
> Do you mean this has three values and violates the rule?

Hm, rule is "one value per file", since this file has 3 values, what do
you think? :)

> And aufs should create three entries such like xib/blocks, xib/blksize
> and xib/size?

Yes.

> If I change it "<blocks>x<blksize>", is it still violation?

I don't understand.

> > Are all of these things something that a "normal" user would care about?
> > or are they development / debugging things?
>
> Normal users want to care them, I guess.

Really? Try leaving them out for now and see if anyone notices :)

> > And why are you using seq_file for a sysfs file? That's not allowed,
> > and a sure sign you are doing something wrong, please remove all of
> > that.
>
> I just wanted to set limit its size to PAGE_SIZE to print the absolute
> path. Is there another better approach?

Do you really need to print these paths? And are they going to bigger
than PATH_MAX?

thanks,

greg k-h

  Last update: 2009-03-20 03:47    [W:3.109 / U:0.016 seconds]