    SubjectRe: ftruncate-mmap: pages are lost after writing to mmaped file.

    On Fri, 20 Mar 2009, Nick Piggin wrote:
    > Yeah, probably no need to hold private_lock while tagging the radix
    > tree (which is what my version did). So maybe this one is a little
    > better. I did test mine, it worked, but it didn't solve the problem.

    Ahh, so you re-created it? On ext2 only, or is it visible on ext3 as well?
    I've not even tested - I assumed that I would have to boot into less
    memory and downgrade my filesystem to ext2, which made me hope somebody
    else would pick it up first ;)

    > Still, it does appear to solve a real race, which we should close.

    A very small and unlikely race, but yeah - the patch isn't large, removes
    more lines than it adds, and the code seems to make _more_ sense with it
    in place than without.

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-03-19 18:01    [W:0.029 / U:17.472 seconds]