SubjectRE: Sierra Wireless (MC8780) HSDPA speed issue
Hi,

Three devices appear, ttyUSB0, ttyUSB1, ttyUSB2.

Response from ATI command is as follows:

ttyUSB0: (this is the device providing high speed connection)
Sierra Wireless, Inc.
MC8780
APP1

ttyUSB1: no response here, I understand this device is for the proprietary
protocol...

ttyUSB2: (this is the device with the speed "problem")
Manufacturer: Sierra Wireless, Inc.
Model: MC8780
Revision: F1_0_0_10AP C:/WS/FW/F1_0_0_10AP/MSM7200R3/SRC/AMSS 2007/11/08 10:51:15
IMEI: 354219010190864
IMEI SV: 7
FSN: D332567166610
3GPP Release 6
+GCAP: +CGSM,+DS,+ES

From my experience there are very few commands which gives any output at all on
ttyUSB0. AT+CSQ and AT+COPS? gives output on ttyUSB0 but commands like
AT*CNTI=0 only give output on ttyUSB2.

Hope that's the information you're looking for.

Best regards, Ralf

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009, Rory Filer wrote:

> Hi Ralf,
>
> I wonder whether you could do a little experiment for me. Issue the following AT command to both ports you've identified:
>
> ATI
>
> And note which of the AT ports provides the most information. They will both respond, but one will be more verbose than the others.
>
> Another thing of interest is to record how many files appear in response to the following command:
>
> ls /dev/ttyU*
>
> when the modem is running, of course.
>
> Question - at what point should we stop including linux-kernel in this thread, if at all?
>
> Regards
>
> Rory

  Last update: 2009-03-17 17:41    [W:0.074 / U:0.304 seconds]