SubjectRe: [PULL] x86 cpumask work

* Rusty Russell <rusty@rustcorp.com.au> wrote:

> On Friday 13 March 2009 11:27:43 Ingo Molnar wrote:
> >
> > * Rusty Russell <rusty@rustcorp.com.au> wrote:
> > > Missing a core patch (it even got a compile warning with that
> > > config).
> > So it's manual work and sometimes i notice them amongst a
> > boatload of other warnings, sometimes i dont.
>
> Me too :( I thought you were starting a de-warning tree? I'd
> be happy to send you patches (particularly, exporting
> deprecated symbols should not give a warning!).

Yeah - i have a de-warning tree, but it's not yet fully up and
running for -tip qa automation.

> > > But there's something else wrong. Firing up my 64-bit
> > > test box now.
> >
> > Great - so you can reproduce. Thanks,
>
> Yep, and I'm running some stress tests as well now.
>
> Perhaps throw away that tree, and I'll feed you a new one (the
> core patch needs to go at the front), but I can work either
> way.

Ok, i dropped it back to d95c357.

Suggestion for future workflow: we wouldnt have these somewhat
stressful (and stressful to you mostly!), large hickups and
history-less trees if you sent stuff more gradually and not so
close to the merge window. You exposed some of your changes to
linux-next but that's not nearly enough testing in practice for
x86-affecting patches.

Ingo

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans