SubjectRe: [patch -mm v2] cpusets: add memory_slab_hardwall flag
On Thu, 12 Mar 2009, David Rientjes wrote:

> Yes, jobs are running in the leaf with my above example. And it's quite
> possible that the higher level has segmented the machine for NUMA locality
> and then further divided that memory for individual jobs. When a job
> completes or is killed, the slab cache that it has allocated can be freed
> in its entirety with no partial slab fragmentation (i.e. there are no
> objects allocated from its slabs for disjoint, still running jobs). That
> cpuset may then serve another job.

Looks like we are talking about a differing project here. Partial slabs
are shared between all processors with SLUB. Slab shares the partial slabs
for the processors on the same node.

  Last update: 2009-03-12 20:27    [W:0.051 / U:0.196 seconds]