SubjectRe: [patch -mm] cpusets: add memory_slab_hardwall flag
From
On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 1:50 PM, Christoph Lameter
<cl@linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> So no real workload just some isolation idea.

We definitely have real workloads where a job is allocating lots of
slab memory (e.g. network socket buffers, dentry/inode objects, etc)
and we want to be able to account the memory usage to each job rather
than having all the slab scattered around unidentifiably, and to
reduce fragmentation (so when a job finishes, all its sockets close
and all its files are deleted, there's a better chance that we'll be
able to reclaim some slab memory). We could probably turn those into
more synthetic benchmarkable loads if necessary for demonstration.

Paul

  Last update: 2009-03-10 23:15    [W:0.100 / U:0.184 seconds]