    SubjectRe: [LinuxPPS] LinuxPPS kernel interface
    On Sun, Feb 08, 2009 at 01:09:38AM -0500, George Spelvin wrote:
    > Udo van den Heuvel <> wrote:
    > > Interesting ideas, thanks for the input.
    > >
    > > I think I must mention that we also must strive for kernel inclusion.
    > > Kernel inclusion will broaden our exposure.
    > > This means we have to get rid of the issues blocking inclusion.
    > > (see a query like for
    > > related posts)
    > >
    > > What do you think?
    > I agree, that's the goal. But it's also important to get the
    > interface right, preferably before publishing it to world+dog.
    > And then there are little things like the fact that an important header
    > file like timepps.h probably shouldn't live in Documentation/pps...
    > For example, here's a patch, on top of the previous series, that
    > gets rid of the timeout argument to PPS_FETCH:

    Please, note that such file is _not_ into kernel proposed patch.

    First we should get inclusion of core code, then we can discuss about
    userland interface and other related stuff.

    GNU/Linux Solutions e-mail:
    Linux Device Driver
    Embedded Systems phone: +39 349 2432127
    UNIX programming skype: rodolfo.giometti

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-02-09 11:19    [W:0.023 / U:3.904 seconds]