SubjectRe: [BUG BISECTED] boot hangs while bringing up gianfar ethernet

Jarek> Ira Snyder wrote, On 01/29/2009 08:41 PM:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm working on a Freescale MPC8349EMDS board. I have been booting it
>> over NFS for a long time now. I try to run the latest git kernels to
>> find possible problems.
>>
>> Recently, I haven't been able to boot over NFS anymore. When the machine
>> tries to bring up the ethernet interface, it just hangs forever. There
>> are no softlockup warnings, the machine has locked up completely.
>>
>> Here is the commit I bisected it down to. I tried running git revert,
>> but there have been other changes which prevent an easy revert.
>>
>> After building each kernel, I compiled and used the dts file from that
>> kernel. There shouldn't be any conflicts there.

Jarek> Hi,

Jarek> Could you try this patch?

Solves the problem for me - Thanks. I'm not familar enough with the hw
to know if's the right fix, but it certainly fixes the nfsboot issue
for me.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard

  Last update: 2009-02-09 14:39    [W:0.118 / U:0.064 seconds]