SubjectRe: Linus 2.6.29-rc4
On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 13:01:04 -0800 (PST)
Linus Torvalds <> wrote:

> Another week (and a half), another -rc.
> Arch updates (sparc, blackfin), driver updates (dvb, mmc, ide), ACPI
> updates, FS updates (ubifs, btrfs), you name it. It's all there.
> But more importantly, people really have been working on regressions,
> and hopefully this closes a nice set of the top one, and hopefully
> without introducing too many new ones.
> Linus

I just looked at the top -rc3 oopses/warnings/etc

quick summary of the top ones:
(manual rather than the normal automated scripts, so the format is
"regulars" that happened a lot prior to .29 (eg clearly non-regressions) I marked with a *
Oopses: 78 oopses reported
12 times i915_driver_irq_handler
8 times apic_mmio_read

BUG/BUG_ON: 16 reports