    SubjectRe: usr/include/linux/soundcard.h warnings for 'make headers_check'
    On Wed, 2009-02-04 at 10:03 +0100, Takashi Iwai wrote:
    > At Wed, 04 Feb 2009 14:04:54 +0530,
    > Jaswinder Singh Rajput wrote:
    > >
    > > On Wed, 2009-02-04 at 07:39 +0100, Takashi Iwai wrote:

    > > > All which stuff?
    > > > If you are referring to OSS-lib stuff in soundcard.h, then I'm for
    > > > it.
    > > >

    > > We need to fix things in such a way that we can replace:
    > > #if (!defined(__KERNEL__) && !defined(KERNEL) && !defined(INKERNEL) && !defined(_KERNEL)) || defined(USE_SEQ_MACROS)
    > > with
    > > #ifdef __KERNEL__
    > > and only keep those things in this file which we need in kernel and move
    > > userspace declarations which are not required for kernel to
    > > sys/soundcard.h
    >
    > Which means to remove only the OSS-lib part. Some other macros are
    > used in sound/oss/*.c. And, there are cases that apps want to use
    > SEQ* macros without oss-lib (which are actually most cases).

    In kernel space we use USE_SEQ_MACROS in:
    sound/oss/mpu401.c
    sound/oss/midi_synth.c

    so we can replace
    #if (!defined(__KERNEL__) && !defined(KERNEL) && !defined(INKERNEL) && !defined(_KERNEL)) || defined(USE_SEQ_MACROS)
    with
    #ifdef USE_SEQ_MACROS
    and keep SEQ* macros used by above files so we do not break kernel and
    move rest of the block in sys/soundcard.h so userspace will be also
    happy.

    --
    JSR

      Last update: 2009-02-04 11:41    [W:0.032 / U:0.008 seconds]