SubjectRe: New filesystem for Linux kernel
Date

Miklos Szeredi:
> I'd personally be more motivated to review <2000 line chunks (where
> each step adds new functionality and makes sense in itself), than a
> 20000 line filesystem all in one.

That is reasonable. :-)

> Perhaps it's easier, but copy-up is a very inefficient operation, both
> in disk space and in time. My personal opinion is that a "delta"

I have to agree again.

> But that's just a thought, I haven't gone too deeply into this.
>
> > If you say "just a part of write" goes to a new fs, then I don't think
> > we can support several essential features, for instance mmap.
>
> It should be possible to support mmap.

In a easy way?
I know you already wrote it is just a thought, but if you have an idea
to support mmapping a file which is distributed multiple filesystems,
please let me know.

J. R. Okajima

  Last update: 2009-02-26 05:13    [W:0.043 / U:0.316 seconds]