SubjectRe: [patch 0/7] Use strict kernel types to fix the world
Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Thursday 26 February 2009, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
>>> I split out netfilter, DRM and MTD, because of both
>>> size and potentially controversial changes.
>> I take it this supercedes your previous monolithic patch?
>
> Patch 1/7 supercedes my previous patch and is still as monolithic,
> except for the separate 6/7 hunk. I only split the integer type
> patches by subsystem, but I did these from scratch now.
>
> Patch 7/7 is a new one, based on your input from the last time
> we discussed it.

6/7 we already had in -tip, apparently.

I'm really of two minds regarding the patches that replace pure data
types (2/7-5/7). Part of me thinks it would be better to do this via a
script in make headers_install, but another part of me thinks that that
is a recipe for missing includes.

However, if subsystem maintainers are sharing headers with other
platforms, it's probably the only sane road to go.

-hpa

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans