    SubjectRe: [patch 0/7] Use strict kernel types to fix the world
    Arnd Bergmann wrote:
    > On Thursday 26 February 2009, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
    >>> I split out netfilter, DRM and MTD, because of both
    >>> size and potentially controversial changes.
    >> I take it this supercedes your previous monolithic patch?
    >
    > Patch 1/7 supercedes my previous patch and is still as monolithic,
    > except for the separate 6/7 hunk. I only split the integer type
    > patches by subsystem, but I did these from scratch now.
    >
    > Patch 7/7 is a new one, based on your input from the last time
    > we discussed it.

    6/7 we already had in -tip, apparently.

    I'm really of two minds regarding the patches that replace pure data
    types (2/7-5/7). Part of me thinks it would be better to do this via a
    script in make headers_install, but another part of me thinks that that
    is a recipe for missing includes.

    However, if subsystem maintainers are sharing headers with other
    platforms, it's probably the only sane road to go.

    -hpa

      Last update: 2009-02-26 01:37    [W:0.022 / U:59.860 seconds]