SubjectRe: SOLVED support of touchscreen reported as eGalax but is not working
Andrew Morton wrote:
> (cc restored - please jsut do reply-to-all, always)
>
> On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 02:05:29 +0100
> Max Weninger <max.weninger@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi again
>>
>> On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 01:48:22 +0100
>> Max Weninger <max.weninger@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> It also works with 2.6.26.8
>> After comparing the usbtouchscreen.c sources between the different
>> versions I got it working by commenting the follwoing lines

>> #ifdef CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_USB_EGALAX
>> /* ignore the HID capable devices, handled by usbhid */
>> {USB_DEVICE_HID_CLASS(0x0eef, 0x0001), .driver_info = DEVTYPE_IGNORE},
>> {USB_DEVICE_HID_CLASS(0x0eef, 0x0002), .driver_info = DEVTYPE_IGNORE},
>>
>> Now the entry in /proc/bus/input/devices is created as in the
>> older versions.
>>
>> So it seems that usbhid is not correctly handling my type
>> of touchscreen if I understand the comment there correctly
>>

> So... how do we fix this for real?

(...after some research...)

Best would probably be updating the Xorg evtouch-driver. It looks like someone
already did this. I found a site containing a quite complete description of
(hopefully the same) problem: http://zalman.ostergaard.net/touch.html

However I don't think the changes were submitted upstream as the (new) driver
does not contain support for the other eGalax-hardware anymore.

In my view the problem is not the Linux usbtouchscreen/usbhid driver, but the
evtouch-driver. It looks like the evtouch-driver is not maintained by the
Xorg-folks, but on http://www.conan.de/touchscreen/evtouch.html (contact
added in CC).

Anyone interested in creating a patch for evtouch?

Niels

  Last update: 2009-02-02 14:53    [W:0.079 / U:1.592 seconds]