SubjectRe: Is interrupt priority supported ?

it has been for a looong time (those things tend to almost get outdated already -
witness the floppy controller misery):

# apt-cache show hwtools
Package: hwtools
This package is a collection of tools useful for hardware
troubleshooting and optimization (for ix86 machines):
irqtune: adjusts priority of interrupts (improves serial performance),
scanport: scans for hardware not already handled by Linux drivers,
memmxtest: a real mode memory test, with MMX support. You may want
to look at package memtest86 as well.
qic-02 driver and configuration utilities. Adds the qic-02 tapes support
Be aware that these tools require some knowledge of what are they
doing to be used properly, otherwise they may cause damage to your system.
Some programs that were previously part of this package have been
moved to their own packages (hdparm, scsitools, memtest86)

I don't have any recent experience with irqtune myself, though, and I cannot
authoritatively state that it actually works at the moment,
but I'd be relatively surprised if it didn't.

You might want to enable some unfortunately often still default-disabled
hardware transceiver offloading of Ethernet frames, too, via ethtool -k or so,
to possibly reduce latency.

Plus PCI latency timings, via setpci or so (but that probably won't

Andreas Mohr