    SubjectRe: Is interrupt priority supported ?
    Hi,

    it has been for a looong time (those things tend to almost get outdated already -
    witness the floppy controller misery):

    # apt-cache show hwtools
    Package: hwtools
    Section: utils
    Installed-Size: 312
    Maintainer: Pierre Ancelot <eternityos@free.fr>
    Architecture: i386
    Version: 0.8-5.1
    Depends: debconf, libc6 (>= 2.3.5-1)
    Suggests: sysutils, hdparm, scsitools, memtest86
    Conffiles:
    /etc/init.d/hwtools 137e3fbdc26d90bec745a36d1ffd8661
    This package is a collection of tools useful for hardware
    troubleshooting and optimization (for ix86 machines):
    .
    irqtune: adjusts priority of interrupts (improves serial performance),
    scanport: scans for hardware not already handled by Linux drivers,
    memmxtest: a real mode memory test, with MMX support. You may want
    to look at package memtest86 as well.
    qic-02 driver and configuration utilities. Adds the qic-02 tapes support
    .
    Be aware that these tools require some knowledge of what are they
    doing to be used properly, otherwise they may cause damage to your system.
    .
    Some programs that were previously part of this package have been
    moved to their own packages (hdparm, scsitools, memtest86)

    I don't have any recent experience with irqtune myself, though, and I cannot
    authoritatively state that it actually works at the moment,
    but I'd be relatively surprised if it didn't.

    You might want to enable some unfortunately often still default-disabled
    hardware transceiver offloading of Ethernet frames, too, via ethtool -k or so,
    to possibly reduce latency.

    Plus PCI latency timings, via setpci or so (but that probably won't
    matter).

    HTHHAND,

    Andreas Mohr

      Last update: 2009-02-19 21:51    [W:0.025 / U:61.124 seconds]