SubjectRe: [RFD] Automatic suspend
On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 06:20:01 -0800
Brian Swetland <swetland@google.com> wrote:

> Of course that still doesn't address userspace. Aggressively going to
> suspend lets us compensate for userspace programs that do somewhat
> silly things (I agree that it would be best if they didn't but they
> do and getting *everyone* to write their userspace code to avoid
> spinning or avoid waking up on short-duration timers to poll is a
> losing battle).

actually with powertop... on the open source side things are actually
won. It took all of 6 months...
I don't see that as a valid excuse. In fact, if this kind of solution
makes real userspace scheduled timers to be missed then I consider it a
serious functionality misfeature.

visit http://www.lesswatts.org

  Last update: 2009-02-18 12:23    [W:0.247 / U:0.060 seconds]