    SubjectKilling a kernel thread from user space ?

    Is it possible to kill a kernel thread from user space. Don't ask me
    why do I need to do this. This is purely an experimental exercise, I
    am not doing it because I am working on a practical problem. Thing is
    that I wrote a kernel module and now it is hung in a kernel thread
    somewhere doing udelay(), fortunately since I am on preemptible kernel
    my machine is not frozen,
    but still I saw that doing a kill -9 on this process has no effect.
    How about if I insert another kernel module and kill this busywait
    thread from inside the kernel space. In effect how do you execute
    "kill -9" from one kernel thread to misbehaving kernel thread.

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-02-01 20:03    [W:0.021 / U:129.776 seconds]