SubjectRe: [RFC Patch] getrusage: fill ru_ixrss, ru_idrss and ru_isrss fields
Date
> KOSAKI Motohiro wrote:
> > The next three fields, the subject of this patch, are named ru_XXrss:
> > though the 80-column comment omits to say "resident set" before "size",
> > I believe they'd be expected to account (subdivided) resident set sizes?
> >

> > your calculation is not rss nor not integral.
> >

> Hmm, I misunderstood rss here. Does it mean the memory stayed in
> physical mem? i.e. not swapped out.

Yes.

Plus, 'integral' mean "tick * rss". but in dyntick environment, per tick statistics is not
so easy nor low cost.

> So, if I want to get those rss statistics, I have to add some more
> mm_counter by myself? I only find file_rss and anon_rss in mm_struct.

Hmm..
I doubt nobody use such statistics. if nobody explain real world usage, I oppose to add
new counter overhead.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans