    SubjectRe: [RFC Patch] getrusage: fill ru_ixrss, ru_idrss and ru_isrss fields
    > KOSAKI Motohiro wrote:
    > > The next three fields, the subject of this patch, are named ru_XXrss:
    > > though the 80-column comment omits to say "resident set" before "size",
    > > I believe they'd be expected to account (subdivided) resident set sizes?
    > >

    > > your calculation is not rss nor not integral.
    > >
    > Hmm, I misunderstood rss here. Does it mean the memory stayed in
    > physical mem? i.e. not swapped out.

    Plus, 'integral' mean "tick * rss". but in dyntick environment, per tick statistics is not
    so easy nor low cost.

    > So, if I want to get those rss statistics, I have to add some more
    > mm_counter by myself? I only find file_rss and anon_rss in mm_struct.

    I doubt nobody use such statistics. if nobody explain real world usage, I oppose to add
    new counter overhead.

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-12-08 10:23    [W:0.047 / U:0.848 seconds]