SubjectRe: [RFC] What are the goals for the architecture of an in-kernel IR system?
Krzysztof Halasa wrote:
> Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@redhat.com> writes:
>
>> The enable/disable protocol decoder enable/disable interface is needed anyway,
>> due to the needs for the hardware IR decoders
>
> Why do they need it exactly?
> The key tables say all they need I hope?

You can't upload a key for an unsupported protocol. Also, provided
that hardware decoders in general don't support decoding multiple
protocols at the same time, it is needed to select what protocol it
will be decoding.

So, userspace needs to:
- retrieve the list of the supported protocols;
- identify if a given IR is capable of multiple protocols;
- be able to select what protocol(s) decoder(s) will be enabled.

Cheers,
Mauro.

  Last update: 2009-12-08 16:45    [W:0.195 / U:0.756 seconds]