    SubjectRe: [RFC] What are the goals for the architecture of an in-kernel IR system?
    Mauro Carvalho Chehab <> writes:

    >> What is the interface for attaching an in-kernel decoder?
    > IMO, it should use the kfifo for it. However, if we allow both raw data and
    > in-kernel decoders to read data there, we'll need a spinlock to protect the
    > kfifo.

    This may be an option, but I think we should be able to attach protocol
    decoders in parallel, directly to the IRQ handler. At least with RC-5
    (that's what I personally use) it means reliable decoding, no need for
    any timeouts, the code is clean, fast (can be a part of hard IRQ
    handler) and simple.

    The decoder needs something like
    rc5_signal_change(ptr, space_or_mark, microseconds).

    At least mark->space or space->mark events must be reported. For better
    reliability, both of them.
    Krzysztof Halasa

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-12-08 14:55    [W:0.018 / U:1.268 seconds]