SubjectRe: [RFC] What are the goals for the architecture of an in-kernel IR system?
On Sun, Dec 06, 2009 at 12:58:00PM +0100, Christoph Bartelmus wrote:
> Hi Dmitry,
>
> on 04 Dec 09 at 15:15, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> [...]
> >>
> >> How would I get the 64 bit scan codes that the iMON devices generate?
> >> How would I know that the scan code is 64 bit?
> >> input_event.value is __s32.
> >>

> > I suppose we could add MSC_SCAN_END event so that we can transmit
> > "scancodes" of arbitrary length. You'd get several MSC_SCAN followed by
> > MSC_SCAN_END marker. If you don't get MSC_SCAN_END assume the code is 32
> > bit.
>
> And I set a timeout to know that no MSC_SCAN_END will arrive? This is
> broken design IMHO.

EV_SYN signals the end of state transmission.

> Furthermore lircd needs to know the length of the scan code in bits, not
> as a multiple of 32.

I really do not think that LIRCD is the type of application that should
be using evdev interface, but rather other way around.

--
Dmitry

  Last update: 2009-12-07 08:53    [W:0.124 / U:0.088 seconds]