[lkml]   [2009]   [Dec]   [7]   [last100]   RSS Feed
Views: [wrap][no wrap]   [headers]  [forward] 
Messages in this thread
SubjectBadness at kernel/rcutree.c:1228

I encountered this and I am able to reproduce, unfortunately. I was
syncing files from two large HDD drives and I saw difference between
cksum so I first suspected faulty filesystem but it was not that. Then
I ran couple of Seagate Seatools tests on these disks of mine, still
nothing. I suspected there was something bad in rsync(1) code but
still negative as tar worked in the same way. Ofcourse I did the dmesg
checking but after reboot after checking the disks were fine. It
showed up clean. So I went there and tried to resync my non raid disk
with raid0 disk. Still same problem, data mismatch. I read something
from google when installing new sata controller about lib_sata an sil
3114 and seagates disks not working so this time i though of checking
dmesg. And there it was nice little surprise:

------------[ cut here ]------------
Badness at kernel/rcutree.c:1228
NIP: c004ecbc LR: c004f14c CTR: c007bd70
REGS: df34dde0 TRAP: 0700 Not tainted (2.6.32)
MSR: 00029032 <EE,ME,CE,IR,DR> CR: 24024482 XER: 20000000
TASK = d12c2d10[2734] 'buffer' THREAD: df34c000
GPR00: 00000001 df34de90 d12c2d10 c0746498 c07465a0 00b1ed55 00000001 00138c4a
GPR08: 00001032 c07b0000 00009032 00000008 44024488 1001c6ac 1002efd8 1002f064
GPR16: 10060000 10070000 10070000 c073a590 c073a710 c0685204 00000000 c07a5520
GPR24: c07a5520 0000000a df34c000 c0746498 c0746420 c0746528 00000009 c07465a0
NIP [c004ecbc] __rcu_process_callbacks+0x34/0x48c
LR [c004f14c] rcu_process_callbacks+0x38/0x4c
Call Trace:
[df34de90] [c004efec] __rcu_process_callbacks+0x364/0x48c (unreliable)
[df34deb0] [c004f14c] rcu_process_callbacks+0x38/0x4c
[df34ded0] [c0028e8c] __do_softirq+0xa4/0x120
[df34df10] [c0006a0c] do_softirq+0x40/0x58
[df34df20] [c0028c8c] irq_exit+0x38/0x80
[df34df30] [c0010d28] timer_interrupt+0x11c/0x138
[df34df40] [c00143a0] ret_from_except+0x0/0x14
--- Exception: 901 at 0x10002ddc
LR = 0x10002d80
Instruction dump:
7c0802a6 bf410008 7c9f2378 7c7b1b78 90010024 8804000e 2f800000 40be002c
3d20c07b 8009a334 7c000034 5400d97e <0f000000> 2f800000 41be0010 38000001
munin-update: page allocation failure. order:1, mode:0x20
Call Trace:
[c59bfa30] [c0008a24] show_stack+0x4c/0x14c (unreliable)
[c59bfa70] [c0058154] __alloc_pages_nodemask+0x468/0x4b8
[c59bfb00] [c0077448] cache_alloc_refill+0x2d8/0x55c
[c59bfb50] [c0077830] kmem_cache_alloc+0x64/0xb0
[c59bfb70] [c04862fc] sk_prot_alloc+0x2c/0x78
[c59bfb90] [c04863e0] sk_clone+0x20/0x1b0
[c59bfbb0] [c04bca70] inet_csk_clone+0x1c/0x8c
[c59bfbc0] [c04d1358] tcp_create_openreq_child+0x20/0x2c4
[c59bfbe0] [c04d00a0] tcp_v4_syn_recv_sock+0x58/0x17c
[c59bfc00] [c04d11c4] tcp_check_req+0x268/0x3dc
[c59bfc40] [c04cf87c] tcp_v4_do_rcv+0xa0/0x198
[c59bfc70] [c04cfdb8] tcp_v4_rcv+0x444/0x6d4
[c59bfca0] [c04b450c] ip_local_deliver+0x104/0x1d8
[c59bfcc0] [c04b43d0] ip_rcv+0x508/0x540
[c59bfcf0] [c049227c] netif_receive_skb+0x390/0x3bc
[c59bfd20] [c0492344] process_backlog+0x9c/0x134
[c59bfd50] [c0492b44] net_rx_action+0x80/0x190
[c59bfd80] [c0028e8c] __do_softirq+0xa4/0x120
[c59bfdc0] [c0006a0c] do_softirq+0x40/0x58
[c59bfdd0] [c0028db4] local_bh_enable+0x7c/0x9c
[c59bfde0] [c04852c8] release_sock+0x94/0xa8
[c59bfe00] [c04dcd48] inet_stream_connect+0x224/0x29c
[c59bfe50] [c0482a54] sys_connect+0x78/0xa8
[c59bff00] [c0484088] sys_socketcall+0xf0/0x240
[c59bff40] [c0013cf4] ret_from_syscall+0x0/0x38
--- Exception: c01 at 0xfd51434
LR = 0xff66550
DMA per-cpu:
CPU 0: hi: 186, btch: 31 usd: 87
active_anon:6308 inactive_anon:8347 isolated_anon:0
active_file:52970 inactive_file:53351 isolated_file:0
unevictable:0 dirty:12753 writeback:0 unstable:0
free:1728 slab_reclaimable:2017 slab_unreclaimable:1020
mapped:2045 shmem:410 pagetables:431 bounce:0
DMA free:6912kB min:2884kB low:3604kB high:4324kB active_anon:25232kB
inactive_anon:33388kB active_file:211880kB inactive_file:213404kB
unevictable:0kB isolated(anon):0kB isolated(file):0kB present:520192kB
mlocked:0kB dirty:51012kB writeback:0kB mapped:8180kB shmem:1640kB
slab_reclaimable:8068kB slab_unreclaimable:4080kB kernel_stack:992kB
pagetables:1724kB unstable:0kB bounce:0kB writeback_tmp:0kB
pages_scanned:0 all_unreclaimable? no
lowmem_reserve[]: 0 0 0 0
DMA: 1728*4kB 0*8kB 0*16kB 0*32kB 0*64kB 0*128kB 0*256kB 0*512kB
0*1024kB 0*2048kB 0*4096kB = 6912kB
106743 total pagecache pages
0 pages in swap cache
Swap cache stats: add 0, delete 0, find 0/0
Free swap = 779144kB
Total swap = 779144kB
131072 pages RAM
0 pages HighMem
3391 pages reserved
14583 pages shared
121040 pages non-shared


Full dmesg:
Kernel config:

uname -a: Linux navi 2.6.32 #2 Mon Dec 7 13:35:57 EET 2009 ppc GNU/Linux

And no I am not running any patches on this. Same occurred with which I had patched with Con Kolivas' BFS so I upgraded to
latest stable vanilla without any patches and still there it is. You
know, it ain't too interesting to sync 1TB disks 5 times (yea I needed
to do some testing for rsync) with slow controllers like these.

Sincerely Yours,

--Mikko Kortelainen

 \ /
  Last update: 2009-12-07 20:01    [W:0.089 / U:2.736 seconds]
©2003-2018 Jasper Spaans|hosted at Digital Ocean and TransIP|Read the blog|Advertise on this site