    SubjectRe: [RFC] What are the goals for the architecture of an in-kernel IR system?
    Hi Dmitry,

    on 04 Dec 09 at 15:15, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
    >>> EV_MSC/MSC_SCAN.
    >> How would I get the 64 bit scan codes that the iMON devices generate?
    >> How would I know that the scan code is 64 bit?
    >> input_event.value is __s32.

    > I suppose we could add MSC_SCAN_END event so that we can transmit
    > "scancodes" of arbitrary length. You'd get several MSC_SCAN followed by
    > MSC_SCAN_END marker. If you don't get MSC_SCAN_END assume the code is 32
    > bit.

    And I set a timeout to know that no MSC_SCAN_END will arrive? This is
    broken design IMHO.

    Furthermore lircd needs to know the length of the scan code in bits, not
    as a multiple of 32.

    > FWIW there is MSC_RAW as well.

    It took me some time to convice people that this is not the right way to
    handle raw timing data.

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-12-06 13:05    [W:0.025 / U:10.636 seconds]